The month when men let their facial hair run wild as well as hair on other parts of their bodies which are just eeuuw to think about ? Ladies, it may feel like dating a caveman but it’s just 30 days so hang in there. Need some motivation? Here are 5 reason you should keep it together and support him this Movember.
- It will motivate him to go for cancer screenings more often: According to the Cancer Awareness Centre of Kenya, majority of Kenyan men do not go for prostate and testicular cancer screenings because they feel the methods used are an intrusion of privacy. Talking about the importance of going for regular screenings with your partner and exploring other testing options may give them the little nudge they need to go get tested.
- It helps men take their health more seriously: Movember is just not about prostate cancer awareness, it’s a month-long campaign to have men take more initiative to take care of their physical and mental health. Supporting him will motivate him to get regular check-ups, eat right, exercise and live a healthier life. Give him a head start by getting him some supplements here.
- He will walk around looking like snack all Movember: Who doesn’t like to look at a nice beard? Movember is a time to sit back and ogle at your black king’s lush facial hair. Bae dealing with the struggle of growing his beard? Help him go from patchy to lush with these products!
- Turn it into an opportunity for both of you to give back: Movember is not only a time to raise awareness for prostate, testicular cancers & general wellness for men, you and your boo can also use it as a time to donate and fundraise for foundations that offer treatment and support for people diagnosed with Cancer. Locally, you can donate and support foundations such as Eddah’s Hope.
- It will definitely make you appreciate all the effort he takes into grooming: Not a beard fan? Having your man grow out his beard this month will have you taking note of all the effort he puts into maintaining that smooth face all year round.
How else do you feel you can help support the Movember movement? Comment below.0