Following on from the announcement, on Sunday 15th March, by The President, H.E. Uhuru Kenyatta, of further confirmed COVID-19 cases and the additional measure being taken in Kenya, I am sure that many of you are concerned and anxious, especially if you rely on regular medication or other health products. I wanted to write to you personally to assure you that we at MYDAWA are taking all the necessary precautions to ensure the wellbeing and safety of our employees, customers and the communities that we serve.
We are closely monitoring the evolving status of the Covid-19 situation as it develops and are working closely with our suppliers and partners to ensure that we have the products in stock that you need and the capability to safely deliver them to you in a timely manner.
The precautions that we are taking as a company to ensure the health and wellbeing of our staff, partners and customers/patients include the following:
- All non-essential and external meetings canceled,
- Review of non-essential staff working from home,
- However, as an e-pharmacy delivering essential medication, sanitary and baby care products, amongst others, that requires a number of us to be on duty to effectively support our customers who rely on these deliveries,
- Frequent cleaning of all floors, surfaces, and door handles, etc, with hospital grade disinfectant,
- All staff practicing frequent handwashing and the use of hand sanitizers,
- No entry to our premises without temperature check and the prior use of hand sanitizers,
- Anyone with a high temperature or who is experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms is advised to stay at home and seek medical attention,
- Anyone who has come into contact with someone showing symptoms or suspected of having been exposed to the COVID-19 virus will self-isolate for the required 14 days.
Please continue to follow the advice coming from the Ministry of Health and the National Emergency Response Team. We are updating our social media and blog page with the latest information available. As always, the MYDAWA pharmacy team is here for you to address any questions or concerns you may have on our dedicated customer service line between 8am and 10pm 7 days a week, on 020 521 99 99; the team, including pharmacist and pharmtecs, are ready to assist you.
Our commitment to you, whether you need medication, wellness, baby, sanitary care, vitamins, or supplements; is that we promise to work tirelessly to deliver them to you and your loved ones free of charge within Nairobi, and as promptly as we can. I hope that you will understand that at this time we are receiving an increase in those seeking our support and we aim to ensure that we deal with every request efficiently, accurately and provide you with the safest of services.
Managing Director, MYDAWA.