Meditation is a custom where an individual uses techniques such as mindfulness or focusing the mind on a particular object, thought or activity. Meditation is intended to train attention, awareness and achieve a mentally clear emotionally calm and stable state.
Meditation is an important strategy in improving one’s health. It helps an individual to develop a sense of calmness and peace. It further assists one to improve on their emotional wellbeing and overall body health.
Through meditation, one is able to calmly go through their daily chores. It helps in the management of certain symptoms as well as medical conditions. Meditation improves one’s emotional wellbeing. One is able to clear away daily activities which may build up and result in stress.
In addition, meditation helps one to improve on their daily chores through such measures as;
- When faced with a stressful situation one is able to have a clear perspective.
- Meditation further helps to build on stress management skills
- Increases self-awareness
- It helps one to focus on the present and clears the bad happenings in the past
- It helps reduce negative emotions
- Meditation increases the imagination of an individual and creativity factors
- Individuals who meditate have increased patience and tolerance
How to meditate for beginners
- Find a place where you can sit comfortably and quietly
- Close your eyes and do nothing for a minute or so. Thoughts may come during that time and it’s okay.
- Set a time limit of five to 10 minutes.
- Notice your body. You can sit in a chair with your feet on the floor, you can sit loosely cross-legged or you can kneel.
- Feel your breath. Follow the sensation of your breath as it goes in and out.
- Notice when your mind has wondered. Inevitably your attention will leave then breathe and wander to other places. Simply return your attention to the breath.
- Be kind to your wandering mind. Don’t judge yourself or obsess over the content of the thoughts you find yourself lost in, just come back.
- Close with kindness. When you are ready, gently lift your gaze. Take a moment and notice how your body feels. Notice your thoughts and emotions.
Features of meditation
There are different types of meditation that portray different features that help one to meditate. Described below are the features:
- Focused attention acts as the most important element of meditation. This strategy helps one to free their mind from distractions. This can result in stressful situations and worries. Bringing attention to certain objects and behavior helps one to meditate. The strategy is more focused on the reduction of many unnecessary objects which can result in distraction.
- Through the expansion of the diaphragm. An individual is able to achieve relaxed breathing which is another strategy when meditating. This helps in the expansion of the lungs. The act helps in the control of the breathing rate which helps one to breathe more efficiently. The process is done in a controlled environment. Where there is no distraction from people or devices such as electronic gadgets.
The meditation process can be done using essential oils which can be purchased from MYDAWA.
Cinnabar Essential Oil Frankincense It helps in skincare and reduction of stress. It deepens and slows down the breath when applied to the skin. This is a crucial factor in the meditation process. The oil acts as an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic and presents one with a rejuvenating experience in the long run.
Aqua Oleum Essential Oil Frankincense. Ithas a rich factor in the rich-balsamic scent which is important in meditation. The oil has an important element in soothing and elevating the mood of an individual. It is important in meditation as well as relaxation. It assists one in breathing easily. Aqua Oleum essential oil is applied in baths, vaporizers, and body massage.
Meditation has the long-term benefit of improving the attention span. Through meditation, it helps ensure that there is strength and endurance in the levels of attention. People who engage in listening to meditation tapes have been associated with improved attention as well as accuracy in completing tasks.
Meditation has been shown to bring reverse patterns in the brain which results in high concentration levels and attentiveness. It is thus evident that the case of meditation has far-reaching benefits which help relieve stress and improve the emotional and general health of an individual. one can meditate with the help of videos online and joining groups that mediate for wellbeing.0