Is skin care in men really important? While scrolling the internet, you may have come across teasing comments from ladies commenting how men will apply any form of lotion on their face and have their skin glow. On the contrary, if a lady was to do the same, they say, she will see her skin develop skin complications.
The question of whether men need to develop a skin care program has split men across the divide. In addition, if you ask most men about skin care routine, they will tell you it isn’t necessary. Moreover, a good number of men will not hesitate to remind you that taking care of your skin is feminine.
With consumerism and access to know-how, we have seen a change in mind and opinion among men. A good number of them have gone ahead and embraced a skincare routine and are confident about it.
There are many reasons why men do not bother with their skin compared to ladies. One of the key reasons is that men’s skin is different from ladies’ and thus not sensitive to many things. This means that men’s skin can withstand a lot of foreign attacks. According to doctors at NDTV men’s skin has more collagen and elastin that makes their skin thick and firm. Therefore, this means that signs of aging appear much later compared to women.
Contrary to the above information, skincare experts advise that no matter the situation men too need to care of their skin as it has a protective role for the body. Experts add that the skin is a vital body organ as it covers all the tissues and organs in our body. For example, face care products are an important part of grooming as they prevent wrinkles, provide the much-needed layer of protection and leave your face looking lush and supple.
Many reasons have been advanced on why it is important to take care of the skin as a man and we highlight a few of those reasons here.
- Skin is a vital body organ. Just the same way we protect our teeth and other body organs, it is necessary for men to protect their skin because of its sensitive nature. This means that our skin is reactive to any foreign materials it comes into contact with. Thus you need the right products to help your skin. Remember for sensitive skin, you can purchase some of these skin care products from MYDAWA
- Environment. The environment contains harmful particles and bacteria that can affect the skin. These foreign materials when in contact with the skin will have a big impact hence the need for protection.
- Constant shaving. Shaving is part and parcel of a man’s grooming routine and over time this results in damage to the skin. Shaving is an aggressive action on the skin which requires special treatment so that the skin can heal. A cleanser and a moisturizer is recommended to help revitalize your skin over time. These products can be purchased here at the comfort of your home.
- Textile particles from your clothes and pillows can fill up the pores with sebum, which may lead to acne if not treated properly. For this case, scrubs and anti-acne products are recommended and can be purchased through MYDAWA at very reasonable prices.
While taking care of your skin can be expensive at times, experts have suggested simple and inexpensive ways to protect your skin. These include:
- Regularly wash your face with mild soap at least twice a day
- Application of petroleum jelly to smoothen your skin
- Use sunscreen when in extreme weather conditions such as hot sun
In conclusion, skin damage is cumulative and does not happen overnight. Skin damage is an accumulation of many contact points between your skin and the environment over a long period of time.
Therefore, taking care of your skin early enough will go a long way in ensuring that your skin is healthy and helps to slow down aging.1